Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Who Made You the Fashion Police?"


My name is Chelsea. My mother, Lillian, was fortunate in being able to work briefly with Marian, for about a year, I believe, and in that time, I also befriended Marian.

I remember I was in junior high, and having a hard time with school and such. I hated junior high, but Marian always had words of wisdom and advice for me, to make it better, when kids were mean about anything. When it, in particular, concerned clothing, she had a saying for that: "Who made you the fashion police?" She always let me try on her clothes and shoes. In fact, I think there was one time, at one of her great parties, when I actually did like trying on her clothes and such. It was so fun to go visit her (when she lived in Dickinson, ND) and her three cats- Mac, Piglet, and I can't remember the third one's name (Wimpy, perhaps?)

My best memory of Marian is that she had this incredible fashion sense, incredible spirit, and was just an incredible person overall. She graced everyone's lives with her presence and she was, hopefully, never taken for granted. May she find peace and may the angels lead her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment