Saturday, July 18, 2009

It is with deep sadness that I hear the news of Marian passing. And reading the words on the blog just shows what a wonderful human she was.

I had the greatest pleasure of working with Marian, for only a brief period, at Aeneid/Eoexchange in 1999/2000, when she was an intern completing her MLS degree. She worked one or two days a week - I think it varied and we would have lunch every week. I looked forward to our time together and she touched me in ways she'll never know. She was a great inspiration to me, a strong woman and beautiful to boot. I'm half the woman she was.

I heard about her breast cancer diagnosis in 2002 and never got a chance to see her - I had moved home to England and was back and forth to SF. We missed each other and alas lost touch, but I have never forgotten her. She was definitely an inspiration to me and I am so sad that she didn't beat the cancer. This news certainly puts things into perspective. This is a great loss of a great lady of immense human capacity and a huge heart.

My thoughts are with you and her family, please let everyone know how farspread this stunning lady has reached.

Sorry to see her go and may her memory live on. I am privileged to have had the opportunity to share her.

Best Wishes
Sarah Lebedeff

No comments:

Post a Comment