Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My daughter has passed on.
I am very sad.
There is a hole in my heart.
However, this short note is for neither Marian nor I. It is for four angels:
Kelley Mullin
Libby DeBattista
Angie Noel
Jnani Chapman

Never in my sixty eight years have I seen such selflessness, such devotion, such love and caring as these four women showed to my daughter as she came to the end of her days.
They cooked for her, fed her and then cleaned up after.
They washed her clothes and helped her wash herself.
They read to her when her eyes were too tired to read for herself.
They tracked her meds and made sure she took the right ones at the right time.
They prayed for her and with her.
They slept on the floor at night in case they were needed in the middle of the night.
In short they made the last days of Marian’s life on this earth one of peace and tranquility and allowed her to pass quietly and with dignity.
I love you and thank you all for all you did for Marian.

Felipe

No comments:

Post a Comment